Is this the best result I could have had? (Photo)

I'm 4 months post op - feel that my arm lift wasn't pulled as tight as it could have been and would like an opinion as to whether I could expect revision as it cost a lot of money.

Arm overtightening can limit movement

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi louise_loulou.  With your arm extended, it does appear that there is extra tissue.  It is important to put your arm up in the air (i.e. full range of motion) and check to see if the extra tissue persists.  If not, then you know that the tissue left is permitting normal movement of your arm and its removal would have given you a functional impairment. If you need a small revision, it more than likely can be done under a local anesthetic or a twilight anesthesia, so will not have much cost associated with it. Have a candid discussion with your PS about your expectations and desires.  Good luck!

Thanks for your question and concern.  It looks like you could benefit from a revision to re-tighten your arm.  It is possible that your surgeon made it as tight as possible at the time of surgery, and your skin stretched over time.  With a second procedure, that is less likely to recur.  I suggest you voice your concerns with your surgeon, or get a second opinion from another board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift - Is this the best result I could have had?

Thank you for providing both before and after photos. In my opinion and without a physical exam, I have to say that 4 months is still too soon to tell your final result from the arm lift surgery. You may still have some inflammation that could improve in a few more months that would allow the skin to retract a bit more (tough to say without physical exam). Also, you want to avoid taking too much skin out during the surgery, because we need to protect the function of your arm as well as avoid extra stress on your incision.
It is always best to address these concerns with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a visit to their office. I see a nice result from the photos you've provided.
I hope I have helped. Best of luck to you.

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift tighter?

In general, if you're not satisfied with the result after 6 months, you may consider revision surgery.  Make sure that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon and think about the risks and benefits of doing the surgery again.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS