I want to get veneers to make my front two teeth the same. Will this be effective? (Photo)

Veneers for symmetry

Yes, by looking at the enclosed photo I believe porcelain veneers will be the most effective choice in achieving the symmetry you so desire.  This can also be accomplished with dental bonding but the result will not be as ideal, nor as strong or long lasting.

Steven M. Goldy DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist

Veneers or Invisalign

You have 2 options to fix the symmetry of your front 2 teeth-

1) Veneers, which will involve shaving down the enamel on the front 2 teeth and then placing veneers to achieve symmetry and improved esthetics. Treatment time is 2 visits, approx 2 weeks from start to finish. 

2) Invisalign, which is invisible braces that will realign your teeth in the correct position without the need shaving down any tooth structure. However keep in mind that invisalign can take approx 6-12 months and will require you to wear the retainers for 22 hours a day for the treatment duration and then at night time for life to maintain the alignment. 

So, the right treatment for you will depend on these factors. Both the good treatment options and will give you the desired results. 

Hope this helps. 

Porcelain veneers for two front teeth?

Because your two front teeth are not aligned and are in different horizontal planes, it would require significant reduction of your healthy tooth structure to get them to look symmetrical and the same with porcelain veneers.  You would be much better off with correcting your problem with Invisalign or braces, where there would be no sacrifice of your healthy enamel.

Porcelain veneer for smile symmetry

Hi:

Porcelain veneers can be a great option in order to gain the symmetry you are looking for. However the teeth to the right of your centrals seem to be inwardly inclined.  In your case if you do not want to do more than two veneers I would suggest invisilign for better smile symemetry.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Veneers for front teeth #DrSoftTouch

Thank you for posting your photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for veneers.  While it is possible to veneer only your two front teeth, I don't think you would get great results doing only two veneers. Veneering the front four would allow for nice symmetry and a very natural result. Good luck and I hope this helps!  Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Invisalign would address everything going on in the best, most conservative manner

You could do so much more with Invisalign to address everything going on with your smile.  In addition to fixing the problem you brought up, you could expand and broaden your smile to make in appear less narrow. The lingula inclination of your teeth could be corrected with a beautiful result.  Invisalign would keep all of your teeth in a completely natural state and just move them into a better position. You appear to have nice, healthy teeth which should not be drilled on to get an aesthetic improvement.

Porcelain veneers are a great way to get symmetry

Porcelain veneers is a great way to control the size, shape, and color of teeth.  It is ALSO a great way to get symmetry, so if the two front teeth are not the same size, this can be a great option.

Veneers

Your front 2 teeth may not look the same since they are not on the same plane of your upper arch. The ideal approach is to straighten your teeth with something like Invisalign. With your teeth straight, you'll find that your front 2 teeth as well as your overall smile would look great!