Hair implants are 2 months post-op. I feel hard nodules where the scabs used to be, and when I rub them it hurts. (photo)

Hair implants are 2 months post-op. I feel hard nodules where the scabs used to be, and when i rub them it hurts. Is this normal? One I rubbed and it came loose and bled a little. Also am unsure if this is normal: often in shower of rubbing hand over the implants, some hairs come away with what looks like the stitch, the hairs have a small sphere on the end like a dried up root, and they are bent round just before that 'root'. Is this the normal shedding? Or am i pulling out the follicle? Thankyou.

If you have bumps that hurt when you touch it, it is best to contact your doctor for an examination.

If you have bumps that hurt when you touch it, it is best to contact your doctor for an examination.  The Internet cannot diagnose your condition or treat it.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hard nodules in recipient area

IF after 2 months you have hard nodules, you may have cysts from the transplant and they may be infected. Go back to your doctor and ask if he would consider draining them

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Painful grafts

It is unusual to have problems with the recipient area 2 months post -op. Stiches are not used to transplant the grafts themselves, so it is unlikely that is what you are pulling out of the scalp. At any rate, you definitely should return to the physician who performed your transplant to discuss your concerns and issues.

Dow Stough, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

Painful transplanted area with hair lost

hairning,So sorry to hear that you are having issues. It is not typical natural progression. You need follow up with your surgeon. The scalp should not be tender 2 months out, and a check up is warranted.All the best,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post hair transplant 2 months.

The hair coming out when you shower is normal.  But the hard nodules might be possible inflammation and might require medication.  I would suggest you book an appointment with your doctor to take a look.

Alan Liu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon