When can I look down for extended periods of time and will the slight bump that I've still got on my nose go down? (photos)

I've already had my rhinoplasty cast removed a couple of days ago. Removal was slightly painful, and I still have a very slight bump. Is this simply swelling? The nurse also advised against looking down for a while but I need to revise for upcoming exams. When can I start revising & looking down for long periods without my nose swelling more? Nose still hurts to touch but I've heard looks better than some rhinoplasty cases with regards to swelling. Sorry for the bad photos. Thanks!

Bending down post Rhinoplasty

While rhinoplasty patients are advised not to bend down post surgery, you should be fine looking down at a book or laptop to study. In terms of your slight bump, this is simply swelling and should resolve itself in time. You are still very early in your recovery process. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Not to worry

Not to worry.  Looks like a natural subtle rhinoplasty to me!  It looks like it was done with an OPEN rhinoplasty approach where they made an incision at the bottom.  It does take longer for the swelling to come down with open rhinoplasty so just stay patient.  As for the bump, it is likely just swelling and nothing to worry about at all. Bending down is not advised, but looking down to read, etc should be just fine.  All the best!  Trust your surgeon, you are likely in very good hands with a natural result like this. 

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD