What are my rights here?

As in previous question voluma was misplaced. They want to fix problem but I'm so scared as heard very bad things about the dissolver. Is my face going to be ruined ? I'm not sure what's worse but at the moment I look hideous.

Doctor Answers 6

Reversing Voluma

Hyaluronidase can reverse the hyaluronic acid fillers and restore your facial contours. Judicious use of the product is advised. 


DR. Karamanoukian 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

What are my rights here?

Thank you for your question. Hyaluronidase is a great product for dissolving dermal fillers, when used correctly. Ensure you are working with an expert injector who you trust. 


Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 458 reviews

Poor Injections

Voluma is a fabulous filler.  However, as with all facial fillers, experienced injectors give great results whereas others often over treat and need to be dissolved.  I would recommend you consult an experienced injector and have the product dissolved.  Once it is all dissolved you can consider your options and get re-injected properly.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

The second most common filler is Hyaluronidase.....

This is to quote a very well known Dermatologist, and my mentor. I always have a few mixes of this 'dissolver' in stock, and is very easy to use. I often correct other people's filler 'mistakes', and very very rarely my own. 
This can be placed into the area that you want corrected, if there is a lot to be dissolved, bruising may occur, but this is super rare if only a small area needs to be revised. 

Once corrected, filler can be used in the area to rebuild the volume. Hyaluronidase is a safe and common practice for all filler injectors. 


DR Davin Lim
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Correcting Bad Voluma Injections

Voluma is a great filler and most people have great volumizing results when it is used correctly. To make sure that you are getting the best results that are possible, you should always have this done in an office of a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. These docs know the anatomy of the face better than anyone and know how best to inject this and in fact, all fillers. If you do not like the results of Voluma, or any hyaluronic acid filler, we do have a great antidote – hyaluronidase. I would not hesitate to tell you to have this injected into the area that you are bothered with, but you need to make sure that the injector of this, as well, is well skilled and well versed on how best to use hyaluronidase.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Dissolve filler or wait it out

You can dissolve hyaluronic acid filler with Vitrase/hyaluronidase. I have had no problems with this product but I have a lot of experience with it. In my opinion, a good injector will know how to use hyaluronidase, but that's going on the assumption you have a good injector to begin with. No, you don't have to remove the filler. You can leave it there and have it go away on its own. Or you can see other doctors for opinions too. The filler will resolve on its own. Or it can be removed safely by an expert.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.6 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.