Anesthetic for ankle liposuction. (photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Calves/ankles liposuction under tum. local with a little iv sedation is wonderful.
It is so easy to undergo liposuction under tumescent local with a little iv sedation to make you totally comfortable but still awake and able to stand and move in all positions to help your doc achieve the best results.
Anesthetic for ankle liposuction.
Thank you for your question and photos. Ankle Liposuction operation is performed under general anesthesia depending on the patients condition and safety.
Ankle liposuction - can I have IV sedation
- I understand your question -
- let me explain anesthesia safety.
- The most dangerous form of anesthesia is what your dentist gives you -
- Such sedation requires you to keep breathing but lowers your ability to do so.
- In the USA, to be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can only give such sedation in an Accredited Outpatient Surgery Center or hospital.
- However, liposuction with local anesthesia can hurt.
- So talk to your plastic surgeon about local anesthesia with sedation by mouth - not by an iv drip - or in the alternative, general anesthesia.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.