After breast reduction, will the breast change in shape and size?

I had a breast reduction on one breast to correct asymmetry. However, the breast that was reduced is really small and high compared to the other. It is a week since my surgery. Will this breast change in shape and size?

Too early to worry

Hello and thank you for the question. One week is too early to see the result of a reduction mammoplasty. There will be significant changes on shape and size of your operated breast. Please be patient and consult your worries with your surgeon. 

Best regards

Guray

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Yes, given that the procedure was done only one week ago, you can expect  significant changes to occur over the course of the next several months. Hopefully, with these changes, you will be happier with the breast symmetry. 

Of course, your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.