Why have my dissolved stitches burst? (photos)

9 weeks since neck lift surgery dissolving stiches popped it's left me with scar why do doctors not use stiches that can be taken out really upset at outcome of this surgery

Needs evaluation

The skin seems tight at your hairline.  The dissolving sutures were to last over some months and hold the tissues together.  The skin is closed with removable sutures that lead to hatchmark scars, so these are removed early and the dissolving sutures are supposed to hold you together.It appears that soon this wound can be re-sutured to close it up. Check with your doctor about that.Best wishes, Dr. Denkler

Post Neck Lift Scar and Stitches

I suggest you speak to the physician who did your treatment but laser treatments can be started at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. You should consult with the surgeon who performed your surgery. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon