Dissolvable stitches opening up. (photos)

What can I do for the healing taking to long still bleeding do I need antibiotic

Dissolvable stitches

Dear trendyrosie,
It is best to see your operating surgeon in person to be evaluated. I wish you the best of luck.

Wound Care -- Follow up with Physician

I suggest consulting with your physician and following his or her recommendations regarding wound care. Silicone based scar gels with growth factors, maybe debridement, and possibly hyperbaric oxygen can help.  Best, Dr. Emer

Dissolveable Stitches

I would continue to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.  Usually this does involve antibiotic ointment and a bandage to keep the wound clean and protected.
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Healing wound

Thank you for your question. Communicate with your surgeon.Keep the wounds clean. Some antibiotic ointment would help so long as you are not allergic.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after face and neck lift

Thank you for your pictures.  Based on the rest of your incisions, I'm guessing that you are around 2-3 weeks out.  Every surgeon has a different regimen, that being said, I usually like to ensure the wound stays as clean as possible.  Sometimes this means cleaning twice a day with half peroxide/distilled water.  Once the wound is clean, placing antibiotic ointment to ensure speedy wound healing and epithelialization  is key.  Like I mentioned though, everyone has different regimens depending on what was done.  If you are having a reaction to the sutures, then your surgeon may need to remove whatever sutures are "spitting out" and causing the reaction.  The good news is that with adequate wound care, this will heal no problem.  I strongly suggest you contact your surgeons office and see what their post operative wound care recommendations are.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon