Candidate for Liposuction? (Photos)

Hi, I am scheduled for a consultation for lipo in 2 weeks. I am not sure if I am a canidate or not. I am 26 years old, 140 pounds. I have had 2 children. I dont think my skin is loose but Im not sure so Ive provided a few pictures. It feels pretty thick but its just a nice amount of fat that I feel and it looks worse when I sit or bend over to reach. Please give me your opinions. Tummy Tuck is not an option for me.

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for the photos. For Liposuction, it is important to have young skin that does not have stretch marks. You fit that category perfectly. We are counting on your skin to "shrink wrap" over the muscle.  I have many patients who would like to enjoy a trimmer shape while they are still thinking of having more children and love the results from Liposuction alone.  You will likely not have a perfectly flat stomach as the muscles that have been stretched by pregnancy are causing some of that fullness you see. You may also have some loose skin afterward. You do have enough volume that Liposuction will make a nice improvement in your figure.  Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (I suggest 2 or 3)  who can show you many photos of patients just like yourself so you can decide if this is the result you can enjoy. I would expect you will need a few liters of fat removed to make it worth while.  A Tummy Tuck may be something you would consider in the future after you are finished having children or would like a much flatter stomach.  Best Wishes

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

After kids and with your shape it's clear to me that liposuction will reduce some of the padding but only a tummy tuck will flatten your muscles and tighten the significant loose skin that appears to be present.  Discuss your choices carefully with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and watch the video above for additional info.  Regards and best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Candidate for Liposuction?

Obviously someone thinks you are candidate because you are on their surgery schedule. I hope it is a board certified PS. A tummy tuck will give far better results, but liposuction is an acceptable option that will get you some improvement. If you have doubts, take to your PS (or see another one).

Lipo vs TT

Hello, for what i can see in you pictures you have:         

- Abdominal muscle diastasis.        

- Excces of skin      

The best for you its a Tummy Tuck, you have a lot of skin and a big diastasis.

Have a nice day!

Dr. Jean Paul Giudicelli, MD.

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting --- CANDIDATE?

You likely need both liposuction and skin tightening.  If there is looseness this will be removed by surgery (tummy tuck).  I suggest seeing a vaser 4D contouring procedure this will give the most in body shaping. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

Liposuction will reduce the thickness of the skin pinch and with good skin tone can create a lasting result, particularly if you are planning on having more children.  After child bearing is done, a tummy tuck can restore the muscle tone and remove the loose skin at the expense of a longer scar.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to help guide the best decision for you.

Liposuction candidate

Liposuction can provide good contour differences for the abdomen and flanks especially in young patients with good skin quality.  Liposuction can reduce any fat that is accessible (pinchable) on the abdomen.  Keep in mind that after pregnancy, muscles may be weakened or separated creating some of the perceived bulging; if this is the case liposuction may not fully be able to reduce your abdominal bulging.  During your consultation, a physical exam and explanation of expectations should be discussed.  From the pictures, you should be able to get some results from the procedure; how much would depend on an in-person consultation.  Good luck.  Make sure to seek out an expert; when in doubt get more than one opinion.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction not tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Liposuction cannot improve your lower abdomen - it will bulge as before.
  • You have lost your core support from pregnancy - I strongly suggest you post-pone liposuction, save your money and have a tummy tuck when you can.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction - Need a tummy tuck!

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!