I've had weight loss surgery & have excess skin that needs removed. What's the basic cost ?

The private area is very meaty and embarrassing as well and lower stomach inner thighs.

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

Panniculectomy

Congratulations on your weight loss! Now the process of contouring your body to show the new you begins. 

A panniculectomy will remove the excess skin and it is sometimes covered by insurance if you meet the specific criteria.  If not covered by insurance, an average cash price for this procedure can range from $4000-$6000.

In my experience, massive weight loss patients achieve a better result with a full tummy tuck rather than a panniculectomy. A panniculectomy will only remove the sagging skin below the navel while a tummy tuck addresses both the upper and lower abdomen. A tummy tuck will tighten the upper and lower abdominal muscles as well as remove any sagging excess skin. I routinely perform abdominal liposuction with a tummy tuck for extra contouring.  The tummy tuck can range from $6000-$8000.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a physical exam and to discuss your desired outcome! 

Warm wishes!

Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss #bodycontouring

• The cost of cosmetic surgery to treat the extra skin that you are left with after weight loss will vary from region to region and surgeon to surgeon. 
  • You may benefit from an abdominoplasty or possible lower body lift which involves a circumferential incision/scar.  These operations can dramatically improve your the mons or "private" area as well. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated and to find out more. 

Skin removal post massive weight loss

Hello and thank you very much for your question.

Cost will be dependant on several factors

-Please make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon when moving forward.  The surgeons expertise, education, other credentials, location, and your specific needs will determine pricing.

The area above your pubic area that you say is enlarged looking is called the "mons"  it can be reduced with several methods.  It sounds like you would need a tummy tuck to address the upper and lower abdomen- skin can be removed from the upper pubic area at this time as well.  Liposuction can be used to slim and shape your torso at this point.

A thigh lift can address the excess skin and fat between your legs and in the thigh region.  It will leave you with a more firm appearing thigh and quad area. Liposuction can also be used to further slim and shape this region.

These procedures are commonly done together, so you can save time, money and down time by combining them.

Please start by calling to inquiry about pricing with various doctors just to give you an idea, also look on the forums here that have some pricing averages.  Never shop on price alone.  Choose a doctor you are comfortable with and whose credentials give you peace of mind that you are in expert hands.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

360 bodylift abdominoplasty posterior bodylift thigh lift surgery after massive weight loss

Hi Nicsmom, 
Congratulations on your massive weight loss. Hopefully, this will lead to a better and healthier life.
In regards to the excess skin and fat after massive weight loss, it is difficult to tell exactly  what surgery is needed.  If you have excess skin and fat of the abdomen, you may need just an abdominoplasty. If you have excess skin of the abdomen, hips, love handles, and posterior buttocks, you may require a 360 lower body lift. THe 360 lower body lift would address all these areas in one surgery. If you have excess skin and fat of the inner thighs, you may need an inner thigh lift. There are several different types of medial thigh lifts. There is a crescent thigh lift, modified medial thigh lift, inner thigh lift, and the spiral thigh lift, to name just a few.
The cost of plastic surgery is multifactorial. The cost  depends on insurance coverage, if your plastic surgeon is within your insurance network, if the surgery center is within the  insurance policy, If your plastic surgery is to be paid by cash, the price of the surgery depends on the amount of time spent in the operating room, the anesthesiologist's costs and your plastic surgeon's costs.  Cost also varies by geography and your plastic surgeon's experience.
I would highly suggest you seek a board-certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in massive weight loss patients.  You do not want to save money only to have complications, and then have to spend even more money for revision by a more experienced plastic surgeon.
I would suggest you seek several interviews with experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. I would suggest you obtain as many quotes as possible.
Many offices offer Skype interviews.  
Good luck. If you have any questions regarding surgery after massive weight loss or a 360 lower body lift, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Cost of post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. That is completely dependent on what and how many procedures that you have. If you could submit what you want maybe with photos I could give you a reasonable estimate. Off course this varies from Dr to Dr and region to region. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon