I cannot sleep unless it's on my stomach. Will this cause my breasts to flatten or sag? I have been reading mixed answers.

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Your surgeon will inform you of further post care and healing instructions during your follow-up appointment.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping Following a Breast Augmentation

Resting or #sleeping on your back, by propping yourself up with several pillows is also recommended until additional instructions are provided at your post-op follow-up appointment.
Your surgeon will inform you of further post care and healing instructions during your follow-up appointment.

Post Op Positioning

Sleeping on your stomach should not cause any damage to your implants however this may not be comfortable for you for at least a few weeks. I recommend that you speak with your chosen Plastic Surgeon about what they recommend and advice to make you comfortable.

All the best

Breast augmentation and sleeping positions

Thanks for your question.

If your implants are placed submuscular, then it is difficult to sleep on your stomach for around a month.  Subglandular placement is not as bad.  I usually have my patients sleep on their back for the first 3 weeks, then any way they like.  For belly sleepes, I tell them to place a pillow below their impants and one above them which takes a majority of the body weight off the breasts and allows you to sleep on your belly again.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Sleeping on your stomach after a breast augmentation

I advise my patients that they can sleep any way that is comfortable for them from the day of surgery on, including on their stomach. My belly sleepers consistently go back to their bellies by the 21st day (3 weeks), but many do it sooner. Laying on your stomach will not cause your breasts to flatten or sag. You and the implants are not that fragile. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." I hope this info is reassuring. Good luck.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping and Breast Shape

Whether you have been augmented or not, sleeping on you stomach will not affect the shape of you breasts.
Hooray!  Sleep however you like!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping position

Once my patients are no longer having pain and it is comfortable for them to lie on their stomach, I then allow them to.