Will I have a flat stomach? (photos)

Getting a tt on 11/1, as well as a breast lift. I've had 3 large babies and am really wanting a flat stomach! My surgeon will perform lipo with the procedure. Will I actually have a flat stomach? I read about viceral fat and it makes me nervous. All of the fat/skin on my stomach can be "pinched" and squeezed together.

Will I have a flat stomach?

You will definitely see a big improvement in your abdominal contour but it's hard to say if you will be completely flat without examining you in person. Best to understand that you should have reasonable expectations of improvement but your intra-abdominal fat will dictate how flat you appear.

Will I have a flat stomach?

Since you will need a full tummy tuck with a lot of tissue to remove, your surgeon will be able to give you an ideal as what to expect after he exams you.  Another factor that will determine how flat your stomach will be is the amount of fat you have inside the abdomen.  To achieve the best result, you should be at the weight you are most comfortable with and be careful not to gain additional weight after surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Will I have a flat stomach after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo my concern is that there is a significant amount of fat beneath your abdominal skin. If you notice below the bulge of your abdomen the skin is much thinner.  Following a tummy tuck the thicker upper skin will be sutured to the thinner lower skin which could create a step off or a bulge above the incision.  This would not create a flat tummy.  In my opinion I would suggest further weight loss until the abdominal skin is much thinner with only an inch of fat beneath the skin.  For more information please read below:

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  You can expect significant improvement to your abdominal area with the planned procedures.  The tummy tuck will not only remove excess skin and fat, but during the procedure the surgeon will be able to address the abdominal muscles that often separate during pregnancy.  The liposuction portion of the procedure will allow your surgeon to more finely sculpt your shape.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Will you be completely flat?

If you have visceral fat, unfortunately we can't do anything about that at the time of the procedure.  You do appear to have some, but I'm willing to bet that a considerable amount of your bulge is also from diastasis recti.  It would require an in-person exam to truly determine what your outcome would be.  Good luck!

Result Expectations of a Mommy Makeover

Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.
The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Pinchable fat removed

A tummy tuck will remove all pinchable fat, while tightening loose skin. Separated abdominal muscles will also be corrected, giving you a flatter, firmer and tauter stomach. As you already know, visceral fat cannot be removed with surgery. Your surgeon will give you a better idea of what you should expect in terms of results since they’ve examined you. It would be difficult to give you an opinion without such an examination.

Tummy tuck - will my stomach be flat

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck result.
  • Your photos suggest you should get a dramatic improvement.
  • It appears your muscles are very widely separated.
  • Whether you get a completely flat stomach is hard to predict -
  • The closer you are to a normal weight, the more likely it is.
  • But regardless, your are likely to be very very happy with your result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. You will see a huge improvement after th Tummy tuck an lipo. It will flatten your stomach a lot and gives you more pronounced curves. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Flat stomach

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. It is unlikely that you will have a flat belly. It seems that there is intra abdominal fat that will give you a barrel look despite the removal of the excess skin.  Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Wishing you the best in your journey