Procedure for facial asymmetry? (photos)

I have a malocclusion that ultimately requires having both my jaws broken, realigned, and jaw wired shut. Forgive me for not rushing in to that; nasal intubation? Eek! However, I have masseter hypertrophy/atrophy, asymmetry when I smile, and I think my bite is causing the line you see on the L side of my face. Knowing it's temporary, is there any benefit to Botox or fillers to aesthetically even things out? Thanks for the help, this is not my dentist's area of expertise!

Sculpting the face

you have a number of defects that can be corrected with the correct injection of Botox and fillers especially Radiesse.  see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a consultation

Nashville Dermatologist

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt and contour the face. I suggest consulting with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox and fillers to lower face

I believe a combination treatment with fillers and Botox to the lower face would be very helpful in improving your appearance while you decide whether or not to get the surgery. For example, I think you could benefit from filler injection to the marionette lines, pre-jowl sulcus and along the anterior jawline. 

Of course, it is important that you see an experienced injector for an in person consultation. 

Botox and Fillers Before Malocclusion Surgery

It would be best to get your diagnosed malocclusion repaired by an Orthognathic Plastic Surgeon before using Botox or fillers as the surgery may change the symmetry of your face and you would need less if any Botox or fillers at all. Additonally, it may take more than one treatment with Botox to decrease hypertrophy of the masseter muscle. Additionly,  filler to the less full cheek may improve symmetry, but perfect symmetry should not be expected. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician