Am I eligible for labiaplasty in south east England, what does it involve? (photos)

I'm 21 from south east England and hate hate hate my inner labia. Since I was 12 they have hung so far out of my outer labia that I have had to tuck them in to wear swim wear and I have never shown my vagina to a man. To put it into perspective I am engaged, been with fiance 3 years but only have sex with the lights off. It causes me pain, I want them chopped off and fat inserted in outer labia so no inner labia is exposed at all with a 'puffy' neat look.
See average cost for Labiaplasty

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Hi and thank you for your question. I would recommend going for a consultation to discuss different treatments. Labiaplasty is a very common procedure yet only a handful of UK Clinics perform this procedure. I do this treatment via local anaesthetic and the patient can go home the same day. Labia reduction surgery involves removing the excess tissue to keep the size and shape symmetrical. Scars are well hidden with the natural folds of the skin. The result is more defined and neat, The procedure  only takes roughly 60 - 90 minutes to complete and you will feel much more comfortable afterwards and hopefully more confident. Recovery is also very quick and the downtime is usually about a week. You may have some swelling and have a little bit of discomfort.  Please ensure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck for the future

You are an excellent candidate for labia minora reduction labiaplasty

The procedure has a mild recovery, but should be done by an expert. You  have redundant skin extending to the clitoral hood and this has to be managed carefully to achieve good results.

Labia pain, puffiness, cost labiaplasty

Labiaplasty is most commonly performed for women that have normal labia. Labia come in various shapes and sizes; this variation is part of their beauty. Discomfort during activities due to the size of the labia is a more practical indication for performing labiaplasty. Reduction of the labia rather than amputation is the goal of this surgery. Hood and clitoral reduction are more risky as it involves cutting tissues close to the clitoris; this may highten or decrease clitoral sensitivity. Imbalances between the labia minora and majora can make the minora appear larger or more prominant. This can be improved with fat injection augmentation to the labia majora. Many women are dissastisfied with labiaplasty because although surgery can improve appearance and self esteem it does not bring happiness. After all who really looks at the labia but a woman herself? If a man has issues with the appearance a woman's labia there are underlying undisclosed issues which should be bought to light. This is why it is best if most women who undergo labia reduction undergo psychological evaluation prior to undergoing the operation. There are various techniques to perform labiaplasty; this means that there is no one superior technique. Properly performed surgery will usually accomplish satisfactory results using full anesthesia or mild sedation depending on the patient's preference. Prices can vary between $2000-$6000 depending on the pricing of the surgeon and the cost of the anesthesia and facility if applicable.
Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS