Why would dentist say to go to a pfm crown to mask black line?

8 and 9 have lava crowns can see blueish color on one gum line

PFM crown and bluish gumline #DrSoftTouch

PFM crowns do a great job of blocking out dark colored teeth, but there are better options in my opinion. I prefer all porcelain crowns, such as Emax, for front teeth. If a metal crown is necessary, I use Zirconia. Zirconia crowns act JUST like PFMs, but are white in color rather than grey so the estheics are better.  I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Blueish Gum Line

The only reason to use a PFM crown on a front tooth is if the tooth is dark typically due to having a root canal done years ago. The metal of the crown would mask the dark color. That, however, sets up a different issue which can also create the dark line look at the gumline. Sometimes the blueish color can actually shine thru your gum tissue as well. If that's the case, trying to whiten the one tooth can be an answer.