Will my gap in between get closer? (photos)

I am currently 3 week post op and unhappy with my results. Do you think they may look a little closer when settled and soften up. They was placed under muscle. Also do you think when they start moving that I would be able to push them together to create cleavage with a bra when I am able to wear underwire. I've put a before pic so can see my anatomy

A person's cleavage is limited by their anatomy.  If you have a wide cleavage to begin with, then it is likely that you will have it after surgery as well.

Cleavage After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your before and after photos.  You are still very early in your recovery period.  Please keep in mind that it will take approximately 6 months before you will see your final result after breast augmentation.  Please continue to closely follow your plastic surgeon's postprocedure instructions in terms of activity restrictions and possible use of compression garments.  Use of compression garments may allow your implants to heal down in a more medial position on your chest, creating more cleavage.  Once you are able to wear an underwire bra, you will certainly be able to create more cleavage.  Please stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon during your recovery period and express your concerns directly to him or her.  Best wishes! 

Will they get closer

It is the width of your natural breastbone that dictates how wide apart the implants will be. You have to center the implant on the nipple in order for the nipple to not look like it's going outward. As the pectoralis muscle softens, over the next 6 to 8 weeks, most implants will drop down and inward toward towards each other. Also, when your plastic surgeon says it's okay to wear a push-up bra, the more distensible pectoralis muscle will allow the implants to approach each other better. All in all I think they will look closer in a month or so. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Cleavage after BA

Thank you for your question and photos. It is unlikely that your breasts/implants will become any closer together than they already are. Once it is ok with your PS to wear a bra you will likely be able to "push" them closer. It can take up to 3 months for your breasts to completely soften and your implants to settle into position. The biggest factor determining cleavage is your natural anatomy. Be sure to bring up your concerns with your PS at your next appointment. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

How close will my cleavage be after breast augmentation?

It is unlikely your cleavage will get much closer without a bra.  However, with a bra you should be able to push them closer.  How much cleavage you are able to get after breast augmentation surgery is determined by many factors, one of the most important is your pre-op anatomy.