Is there a Doctor/Derm that can tell me with certainty what this is on my cheek and how to get rid of it? (Photos)

About two years ago I noticed a darkness, slight deflation & slight indentation on my right check on the border of the bone & the skin. I see this happening on a smaller scale on my left side too. I want to tackle this now before it gets worse. I've seen at least three top derms in Los Angeles & they haven't been able to figure it out. I've had doctors put filler in this area & it did nothing. One said it was Melasma but after further research doesn't look like Melasma to me. Please help!

Closer examination will be needed. - possibly melasma.

I do believe that a face to face consult with a dermatologist is needed for a definitive diagnosis. Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Melasma treatment in Los Angeles

Melasma is associated with skin discoloration and can be corrected with Melarase AM, Melarase PM, and Melapads. The cheek fullness is likely corrected with some fillers and Ultherapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Malar Bags and Festoons -- Lasers, RF and Fillers

these are malar bags and you do have some slight melasma.  This needs a combination approach. there is no cure for this. you will need to find one doctor you trust to begin treatments to build on over time.  Best, Dr. Emer.