What could me wrong with my right eye? (Photo)

for the pass 4 to 5 years my left eye looks different than my right...i am currently recovering from chalazion surgery on my left upper eyelid,but what could be the problem? Is it that my left eye could have sunk back or is my right eye bulging?i had a CT scan and the occuplastic surgeon said everything was fine,except i do have a large retention cyst in the maxillary antra...the cyst are larger on the right..that is exactly what the CT report said..could this have something to do with it.

Eyelid Asymmetry

Thank you for sharing your case and photo.  It is difficult to assess your asymmetry because you recently had chalazion surgery.  These things are best appreciated in 3D, as well.  If you would like a second opinion from another oculoplastic surgeon, you can check the ASOPRS website to find one that is close to your home.  Good luck!

Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye Asymmetry

Hi, Looking at your photos it does seem that the left eyelid is positioned lower than the right.  I would suggest checking your thyroid levels and also having a complete examination by an oculoplastic surgeon.  I there is no underlying cause for the asymmetry then surgery could be a good option to improve the eyelid height.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon