Is it OK to wear a Bando strap if I have a wound on the T-zone incision site after BL with implant?

I'm a month out from surgery and my doctor recommended I wear a Bando to aid in lowering my breast. I noticed a wound on the t-zone incision site and am afraid wearing the band for compression may cause further damage and slower healing. Would wearing the Bando cause more harm than good?

Bandeau and open wound

This is a decision that your surgeon has to make with your based upon how things are healing. I do not routinely use a bandeau

Is it okay to wear a Bando strap if I have a wound on the T-zone incision site after BL with implant?

Thank you for sharing your question.  At a month out your incisions are starting to heal well but they have not fully matured.  As a result I would not recommend placement of a Bando strap to help "push" your implants downward as this would place more tension along your incision that has already suffered a separation.  Hope this helps.

Bandeau

Thanks for your question. Yes, I would agree with you that adding the band support at the upper pole of your breasts in an effort to encourage the implant to descend may place more stress on your lower T incision. You'd better double check that with your surgeon and have the office take a look first. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon