Do I have tubulous breasts? (Photo)

do I have tubulous breasts ? And if so can I get a breast augmentation covered by insurance if I choose to correct the smaller one with implants .

Breasts developing at different rates

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

Having said that, I do NOT think you have tuberous breasts from this one picture. I see no constriction nor breast distorting your areolas. Tuberous breasts have a great deal tightness in the lower half of the breast. So much so that the breasts will not develop in the lower half. When the breast does start to develop, it will actually grow and extend into the nipple area and make the areolas dilate and protrude. You do not have this. You may some very mild constriction (doubtful), but more likely you have small, underdeveloped, different shaped breasts.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Do I have Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos. You may require a combination of breast lift and/or implant to correct your asymmetry and ptosis. You do not appear to have tuberous breasts. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in order to discuss your expectations and best option for you.

All the best

Do I have tubulous breasts?

Fortunately you do not have tuberous breasts. You do have asymmetry and ptosis on the left.

It is not possible to match the right breast with the left using implants. A lift and slight reduction of the left breast may be your best option. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. Insurance usually will not cover.

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question and for including a photo.

It appears that you have a breast asymmetry.  This would require a breast augmentation with a breast lift to improve the cosmetic appearance.  These procedures are NOT covered by medical insurance.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breasts

Hello Dear, thanks for your picture and provided question, I recommed you to have breast lift with augmentation. You have asymmetrical breasts, not tubular.. Good luck!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tuberous breasts

No you do not have tuberous breasts. You have breast asymmetry which is amenable to breast augmentation with different size implants. The surgery is not considered medically necessary and is never covered by insurance. 

Breast asymmetry, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have asymmetrical and sagging breasts.
In this regard, i recommend a breast lifting with implants to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).
I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implants ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection and different volumes of each side (bigger in the right breast) to correct the breasts asymmetry you have. Also, I recommend perform a "Lollipop Breast lift" to obtain an adecuate breast projection.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast asymmetry

Unfortunately breast augmentation is not covered by insurance no matter what underlying conditions you have.  No you do not have tuberous breasts but rather severe breast asymmetry.  A breast augmentation and breast lift on the left would be required.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for the question and the photograph. It would appear as though you do not have tuberous breast deformity, but rather a significant asymmetry of the breasts. This can be secondary to causes that may be covered by insurance, however it is not possible to ascertain without the aid of an in-person evaluation to make the diagnosis. I would recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person evaluation and a discussion of your goals. best of luck.

Tuberous breasts

From the look of your photos, it appears that you have a significant breast asymmetry although not a tuberous shape. You may need a tissue expander on the right with an implant exchange and a lift to match on the left. I haven't participated with insurance companies for 20 years so can't comment on what would be covered or not. Check with your particular insurance. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for consultation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS