Swelling or weight gain in stomach post breast aug? (Photo)

I am 8 days post op BA and BL. I have so much extra weight I can't get any of my jeans on?? Why the weight gain in just a few days? I am pooping normally.

Possible Swelling at Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Possible Swelling at Post-Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

8 days post op, some advices

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Respectfully

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

8 days post op, some advices

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight gain in abdomen

It is normal for your breasts to have some swelling (fluid) after surgery.  It is also normal for that extra fluid to respond to gravity as the body absorbs it and it will collect lower down in your abdominal wall.  Give it time - you will be fine.

Weight gain in abdomen

Breast augmentation

Swelling can contribute to weight gain and so as the swelling subsides the water weight will go down as well. Best of luck

Breast augmentation

Weight Gain After Surgery- Is This Normal?

Yes, it is normal to gain weight after a breast augmentation for several reasons. The obvious first reason is that you are now carrying extra weight on your chest due to the implants. A pair of 500cc implants will add slightly more than 2 pounds on the scale. It is also a normal physiologic response to any surgery to retain fluid for the first week or so. This is a stress response where your body releases anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) to build your intravascular volume in preparation for potential significant blood loss. Even though this doesn't happen in controlled elective surgery it is an evolutionary response that led to the survival of our species. You will void out this extra water weight 2-3 weeks after surgery. Another possible explanation is constipation after surgery due to pain medication and decreased activity. Similarly, this too will pass. Hope this helps! 

Scott A.Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A.Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery