5 days post op, Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation. Swelling in stomach and breast are so tight and high? (photos)

My stomach is very much swollen I am not constipated But why does it look like I have gained 10 pounds ? I had 600 mL Saline implants under the muscle with a full breast lift I very much look like a football player And they are very hard. How long will I look like this and will my stomach go down ?e

Belly bloating and breast swelling and hardness after augmentation and lift

It is not uncommon for patients to complain that their abdominal area looks bloated and even that their pants won't button after breast augmentation surgery.  This will settle down once you get up and moving around more. Swelling and excessive fullness and firmness, particularly in the upper pole of the breasts is also very common. after augmentation and lift.  Your pictures look like you have a very nice early result, but it is far to early to judge your final result.  I tell my patients that each week they will see more softening and settling of their breasts.Talk with your surgeon, but I am sure he will give you the same reassurance that what you are seeing is not your final result!    

Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Respectfully 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling and Tightness after Surgery

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

Early post-op

You are very early post-op, You are likely very swollen. Give it time to heal. Best of luck................

Swollen

things will settle down over the next several weeks. For 5 days post-op you are looking pretty good. Continue to f/u with your surgeon, listen to their instructions and you should achieve a good result.