Is this safe & is it possible for me to look good after? If so how much will this cost? Can I still be a good candidate? (Photo)

I am 18 years old and I have been overweight most of my teenage life sadly. I have really become disgusted and self conscious about my body over the years so I have considered Lipo surgery along with lifts. I weigh 227lbs, can I still be a good cantidate? I want to consider having surgery done on my arms, thighs, calves, double chin (defined jaw line) stomach, and love handles/back fat/bra fat.

Liposuction for weight loss?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you have had such a struggle with weight.
  • Liposuction and/or surgical removal of skin and fat will not help you. Fat will return to new areas.
  • You need either to find a way to make up your mind to become much more active and each much less or you need to have your regular doctor refer you for bariatric surgery, probably a gastric bypass.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Safe and look good?

No...you need to lose weight plain and simple.  Since you are still so young, aggressive weight loss will help you and be better for you because your skin elasticity is still excellent and you will re-drape nicely.  If you wait, it becomes harder as you get older in terms of your skin elasticity.  Lose weight first.  hope this helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and weight

Liposuction is not done as a substitute for dieting and exercise.  If your BMI is high, you might begetter off going on a diet and exercise program. Best too see you in person to be properly evaluated. All the best!

Weight loss

Hi there. Weight loss via diet modification with the help of a nutritionist and a structured workout regimen from an exercise physiologist is need prior to surgery for the best results. A BMI of 29 and below reduces your surgical risks. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100