Will Rhinoplasty improve my appearance enough to be worth it? Or would I be better having a different procedure? (photos)

My nose is very round at the tip and protrudes significantly, I do not mind the bump on the bridge but a dislike how wide my nostrils are when I smile. I'm not a massive fan of my jaw also when I smile. My skin is dry so excuse my chapped lips and I was recently bitten by a mosquito so excuse the redness. I am in my 20s so my face has stopped growing but as you can see my appearance without make up is very young.

Bulbous Tip

Hi,

It appears that you have a bulbous tip. Bulbous tips are very difficult to deal with and require special techniques to reduce the bulbosity. A rhinoplasty will improve the shape of your nose.  I perform many rhinoplasties with the bulbous tip issue, you can check out my website that explains my technique with reducing the bulbous tip. Consider having your picture photo imaged so you can get a realistic picture of what your nose can look like.
Dr. S

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal refinement

Thank you for your question. I do agree that you would be a good candidate for nasal tip refinement. The bridge of the nose has a very slight hump and you might benefit from some cartilage grafting as well.

Make sure you seek the advice of a double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

will a rhinoplasty improved my appearance after the worth it? Or what I be better off having a chin implant?

A rhinoplasty  procedure can accomplish refining the nose, narrowing the bridge line and reducing the bulbous tip,  with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose, also known as a closed rhinoplasty.  The weak and recessive chin profile makes the nose look very prominent, so consider a chin implant as a stand-alone procedure, or in combination with a rhinoplasty.  Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and are Manufactured  in a large variety of sizes and shapes.  In our practice, we frequently perform both procedures together.  For many before and after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below 

Will a Rhinoplasty be Worth It

Only you can answer that question. I suggest you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist about your wide nose and nasal tip which is slightly over-projection. That surgeon can describe possible changes and show you results in patients with similar noses so you can make an educated decision. You should also discuss the possibility of a chin implant which is frequently done in conjunction with a rhinoplasty.

Will Rhinoplasty improve my appearance enough to be worth it?

From the images provided, I think a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will show you what is possible based on your anatomy. The nose must fit your face and be achievable with the tissues you have to work with . Imaging will be very helpful. Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Would a Rhinoplasty be Worth It?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Yes, a rhinoplasty or at least the tip would be worth it to soften some of the features. best of luck.

Would a Rhinoplasty be Worth It?

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  Yes, I think that you would be very happy with a rhinoplasty to reduce the bulbosity of your tip and to deproject your tip and to narrow your nostrils.  During a consultation, I use computer imaging to show you my vision for the changes that would benefit you.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhiniplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD