Can I remove my lip fillers?

I had my lips done with hyaluronic acid and now they are hard and don't look natural at all. Is there any way I can remove them?

Can I remove my lip fillers?

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Please follow up with your injector for best results.

Removing HA product

HA fillers can clump up in the lip causing some hardening.  You didn't mention when your lips were injected, but often this will resolve on its own with time and light massage.  If you are not happy with the outcome and you gave it enough time for all the swelling to be gone, the product can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. How long ago did you have the lip injectables? It may take some time for your lips to move past swelling and allow you to see the results. Please discuss with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your procedure. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving lip fillers

The nice thing about hyaluronic acid fillers is that they are very forgiving, and it's fairly easy to get good results. Better yet, it you don't like what you see, you can always have it dissolved with hyaluronidase and start over. It is a very benign substance

Ben Lee, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections and Dissolving Fillers

You can definitely have the fillers dissolved through Vitrase. Please consult an expert to dissolve the filler properly and then wait at least two weeks before you have filler again.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

If you are unhappy and an HA filler was injected these can be reversed with hyaluronidase.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Reversal Lip Augmentation

So sorry you are having this problem. Reversal should be possible with Hyaluronidase. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Removing unwanted lip filler

If indeed it was one of the FDA approved lip fillers, it should be dissolvable with hyaluronidase. It might take a couple treatments. Juvederm tends to take more treatments. Your lips should go back to their original condition.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Removing lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. You could have the filler dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I remove my lip fillers?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your filler results have not been what you anticipated.  Depending on the timing of your treatment it often takes 2-4 weeks for the filler material to soften and appear more natural.  That said, if you are confident in your decision to reverse them, your injector can place a different medication - hyaluronidase - to fully dissolve the added hyaluronic acid within a couple of hours.  Hope this helps