Redo a rhinoplasty. (photos)

so i went to Bangkok for rhinoplasty. it's been 10 mths and i don't like it. it's slanted and tip is point too up when i wanted tip to point down s-line) my dr keeps telling me i need to wait at least 1 yr to see full results. he refuse to fix it until then. i'm so insecure now with my nose i void taking pics b/c it looks slanted more obvious in photo the bridge is very thin and it reminds me of wooden doll nose. i want to go to a diff Dr and redo my nose . can i fix it now or need to wait ?

Rhinoplasty Requires a Year to See Optimal Results

Please listen to your doctor. Rhinoplasty is a complex and very traumatic surgery that inflames the cartilage and skin of the nose. It takes about a year for the swelling to subside enough to appreciate the final results, so please do wait another two months before deciding whether you are happy or not. If, at that time, you are still dissatisfied, please do extensive research and find a facial plastic surgeon with expertise in revision rhinoplasty. This is a very difficult surgery – even more complex than original rhinoplasty. Choose carefully. Also remember, that you are trying to improve the nose, not perfect it. I hope this helps.

Waiting a year or longer for revision rhinoplasty

Yes, plastic surgeons will generally wait at least a year, if not longer, before considering revision rhinoplasty. The nose (bridge and tip) stays swollen longer after the initial surgery, and revision surgery is typically more complicated. Best to wait.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

It is important to understand that Revision rhinoplasty carries a higher risk of complication then a primary rhinoplasty.The amount of improvement that you will get from revision rhinoplasty is not worth the risk.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

It is a good idea to wait about a year or longer until the tissues are soft to perform any type of revision. Best of luck.