Is A. this redness normal after wearing sports bra --or any support all day? B. Coned nipples. (photos)

I will be 9 weeks post op in a few days. Does everything look ok? I had 375 silicone subpectoral implants & breastlift. I am concerned with redness after wearing any type of support while at work. I am also concerned with the coned nipples. Sometimes they look normal but mostly coned. Is this normal?

Redness after breast lift.

Thanks for your question and the photos. It looks like your surgeon did a beautiful job. There is a lot of stretching and relaxation of the tissues after an augmentation and lift. In my experience the skin often becomes somewhat red until the tissues relax. The nipples may stretch and flatten too. At 9 weeks you are still quite early. While this type of redness is common check in with your PS just in case.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Recovery 9 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

If your redness is associated with pain, fever, drainage, then that merits an examination from your plastic surgeon. Otherwise, your redness that occurs only "after wearing any type of support" may be skin sensitivity. You're still quite early in the recovery process. Critiques of your breasts should be held off until about 6 months after surgery as there will be shifts in the appearance of your breasts. From what I can see and without a before photo, your breast shape and nipple-areola complex look just fine.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Redness in Post-Op Healing

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition or color differences including redness. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. If you find yourself concerned or worried at all about the healing process it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Breast lift and implants at 9 weeks

At 9 weeks you are still healing.  The puffiness may be related to swelling. You have to give it more time to settle. Good luck.