How can I get the redness and itchiness to go away? (photos)

I'm thinking this is a chemical burn. My face kinda feels lumpy now by the chin area and around my lips. Will my skin go back and look smooth again? I'm really worried

Doctor Answers 2

Melapads and light chemical peels for facial scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Start with a combination of light chemical peels, IIT, fractional lasers, and Melapads to help improve your facial skin and scars. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Chemical Burn Treatment--Facial Burn--Wound Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's hard to tell from your picture. If this hasn't healed yet, you need proper wound care, lasers, sun protection and lightening cream at this time. See a cosmetic dermatologist for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.