What procedures would you recommend? (photos)

I started looking into a procedure for cellulite, cellulaze. Cellulite is my biggest concern but I think liposuction could help with the appearance of my knees. I am thinking about also doing something to improve the appearance of my stomach. If I am going to one procedure, I should go ahead and improve as much as I can at once. However, there are so many procedures, I am unsure where to start. I am 32, married, no children, 5'4", 150 pounds, desk job but exercise at least 4 hours a week.

Cellulite can be effectively treated

This is one of the main questions we hear in regard to treating cellulite and abdominal/thigh fat deposits simultaneously. The good news is that you can have all treated at the same time typically. The type laser used is different for getting rid of cellulite vs abdominal or thigh fat. With cellulite treatment, the laser is directional and part of that treatment involves dissolving fibers that cause the skin to dimple. Also, the fat in the area is liquified with the laser which makes it far easier to remove as opposed to regular liposuction. The bad news is that it adds to the cost, but most centers will provide price concessions when doing more than one area at a time. I believe you would be happy with the results, but don't expect perfection because that rarely happens with anyone regardless of the doctor involved.

Marietta Physiatrist

Cellulaze and SmartLipo for contouring

Thank you for the wonderful questions! With cellulite being your biggest concern I would absolutely recommend Cellulaze. I have offered this procedure for the past 3 years with beautiful results. The down time is minimal with permanent results progressing over the next 12 months revealing a smooth, even contour to the treated areas. Laser assisted smart liposuction is a wonderful modality for contouring the abdomen area which results in minimal down time and is able to be performed at the same time as Cellulaze. I always suggest a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in order to personalize your contouring treatment for your specific needs. I do hope you have found this information helpful and wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

You can do Cellulaze for your celllulite and Smartlipo for your fatty concerns

Cellulaze laser by Cynosure is the best treatment available for cellulite. it is not perfect and it will not make it go away completely but it helps over 80% of the women. It is a long term solution. however you need to be patient as you will continue to improve for over 6 months. It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to start to see the improvement and then you will continue to improve for at least 6 months.

Smartlipo could be done at the same time. The laser is also made by Cynosure. 

if you wanted a less aggressive procedure than Smartlipo, you could do Sculpsure. 

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo, Cellulaze, SculpSure

Thank you for your question and photos. If you are unhappy with the way your knees look, SmartLipo is a minimally invasive and effective way to remove stubborn deposits of fat and tighten the skin. To contour the stomach and flanks, SculpSure would improve the overall look of your torso. You may want to consider Cellulaze for your cellulite concerns. Unlike existing cellulite laser treatments that utilize radio frequency or laser energy on the outside of the skin, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin to smooth the connective tissue between fat cells that cause cellulite. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD