How soon do people start to see fading?

My tattoo is a blackout line on my upper arm about 10 weeks old now. Last Wednesday I had a double treatment done for the first time. As of now it's peeling and extremely itchy. Other than healing, I haven't seen any fading. Is it too soon? Even with scabs falling off? I feel discouraged bc I spent over 700 and no slight change. It's only 5x6, tech used Hoya conbio q switch? and another I am unsure of. She had her equipment covered.

Fading After Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. During laser tattoo removal the laser fractures the ink particles that the body's lymphatic system then absorb and ultimately eliminate. The process is not immediate or the same for each individual. It can often can take weeks for fading to occur. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology and fracture the pigment more efficaciously making it easier for the body to eliminate the ink.

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

#tattoosurgery

laser-assistaed tattoo removal requires several treatments to make it look better. this is your 1st treatment only. you will need several sessions to make it lighter. plus it takes time for the tattoo to get lighter after each laser treatment

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

How soon will tattoo fade?

This is a common question as everyone wants to see rapid fading. It is important to remember that tattoo removal is a time dependent process. The laser breaks down the ink, allowing your body to remove the small particles. Unfortunately this part of things can't be rushed. Treatments should be done about 4 weeks apart to allow an appropriate amount of time for the body to clear the ink fragments. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon