Is it normal to be lumpy after Lipo? (photos)

I'm two weeks 3 days post of from a BA and lipo to my abdomen and love handles but now worries about all the lumpiness i have. My compression garment it getting a little loose and worries that might be causing it since it is creasing on the sides becasue of the zipper. Is it normal? Will it go away with time?

#liposuction

Sometimes it takes 3-6 months for all the lumps to dissolve. best would be to follow up with your doctor in 3 months and see what they recommend. if there is no improvement after 3 months then u might need a small revision which is also not uncommon

#liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Contour irregularities shortly after liposuction are common due to swelling.

Nothing in the photographs suggest there something wrong at this short time interval after your treatment. This should improve with time.

Post Liposuction Swelling/ Lumps

I suggest hyperbaric oxygen and massages at this time.  Radiofrequency treatments can help.  The ultimate results will be seen in months.  Best, Dr. emer.

Post Liposuction Swelling/ Lumps

Lipo and lumpy

Lumpiness is not uncommon at this point. Often as the swelling subsides, the lumpiness improves. Best to ask your surgeon when you see him in follow-up.

Lipo and lumpy

Liposuction - is lumpiness normal?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Swelling and lumpiness are normal after liposuction.
  • As for your garment  - we, the surgeons, tend to believe garments will not cause permanent problems.
  • BUT a number of patients are certain that the garments did change their result - permanently.
  • So ask your surgeon if it is ok to go without the garment or to change to one that doesn't cause creases.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction - is lumpiness normal?

Lipo lumps?

You need to start lymphatic massages! Or the technique was not done evenly. If after a few weeks you still have lumps I might inject KyBella off label with external Thermi 250 RF sessions.......

Lipo lumps?

Is it normal to be lumpy after liposuction?

Thank you for your question.  In the early stages of the healing process it is normal for patients to have certain areas of lumps or hardness.  These areas are typically result from pools of swelling and will get better with time.  In my practice, I recommend that patients begin Vela treatments when patients are roughly 4 weeks post-op to help facilitate the breakdown of these lumps and bumps.  I would recommend following up with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns and the appropriateness of your specific compression garment.  Best of luck!

Contour after liposuction

Thanks for your post. Yes, this is completely normal to have lumpy areas at this early stage of healing. I generally say that it takes about 3 months to reach a point where I'd say your are healed. Many patients even see changes beyond that. Best wishes.

Contour after liposuction

Lumpiness after lipo

As you're in the early recovery period from liposuction, your body will still have some swelling that may cause some temporary bulges or irregularities in your contour.  It is important to have good compression that fits you well - it helps reduce the swelling and encourages your skin to retract properly.  If your compression garment is getting loose, you should get one that fits more snugly.  Similarly, if the garment is leaving creases or dents in your skin, you need a better-fitting garment, as those marks can become permanent if not addressed.

Get in touch with your surgeon, and see what recommendations he/she has about improving the fit of your garment.

Hope this is helpful, and best of luck with the rest of your recovery.
Dr. Lim

Lumpiness after lipo

Dr. Lim