How long until my eye gets better?? (photos)

I first got a chalazion on 11/7/2015...then had steroid injection at the end of may this year and had the actual chalazion surgery on 7/5/2016...will my eye eventually get better ...if so how long will it take or is this permanent?Do i need ptosis surgery?My eye wasnt like this before..what can i do to speed up the process?This has been going on too long somebody please help!

How long?

The good news is this will improve on its own but the bad news is you have to be patient as it can take a year to resolve.  The inflammation creates scar tissue and your body will break it down over a number of months.  While it's frustrating it is best to let your body heal on its own rather than pursue further treatment. Hang in there and best of luck!

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid bump following chalazion

It is too early to determine if this is simply swelling which will recede, scar tissue which may respond to steroid injection, or residual cyst. You should follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Chalazion

You have VERY mild residual swelling of the eyelid after the chalazion surgery.  These are inflammatory nodules in the lid, so that even after removal there can be some redness and swelling for a while which is variable from person to person.  It should slowly improve.  Sometimes another shot of steroid can speed that up.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon