How long after an aggressive medial thigh lift do I need to wait until I get a tummy tuck?

Had a rough medial thigh lift and wonder how long I need to wait before I put my body through more surgical trauma?

How long until I have another surgery?

Each situation is a little different, so time between surgeries could range from 3-6 months. In your case, I would suggest waiting until you feel up to it (mentally and physically), have your support system in place, and your surgeon feels your body is ready. Hang in there!

Tummy tuck after thigh lift

Usually about 3 months, of course, every situation is different. You have to feel up to undergoing the surgery and your tissues,skin, etc need to be healed sufficiently to allow the tummy tuck.

Close follow up with your/a plastic surgeon is recommended to determine what is best for your situation.

How long should I wait after a thigh lift to have a tummy tuck

Excellent question- In general I like to wait about 3 months in between procedures. That will allow a patient to fully recovery before undergoing a second procedure. Every patient is of course a little different and sometimes they can be ready sooner or later.

Talk with your operating surgeon. They should be able to provide a more specific answer in your case. Sometimes depending on the patient a tummy tuck and a thigh lift can also be done together.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after thigh lift

I usually have patients wait at least 3-4 months between the procedures that you describe. you may need to wait longer depending upon how you healed.

Tummy Tuck After Thigh Lift

Usually I would advise waiting at least 6 months between procedures to ensure that your tissues heal fully. Your Plastic Surgeon would be the best to advise you about this as they know your situation the best.

Take care

Wait at least 6 months between surgery procedures

In general, I advise my patients to be completely healed from one surgery before scheduling another. This is usually around the 6 month mark, but the best person to advise you on this would be your surgeon who knows your case intimately. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon