What could I do to make my top lip look fuller in volume ? (photos)

What could i do to make my top lip look fuller in volume without the duck look my lips have got considerably thinner with age im 47

Lip Fillers

Thank you for your question and photo!  I would suggest temporary lip fillers!  Seek the advise of a board certified plastic surgeon, and go from there.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Belotero or Restylane Silk

Thanks for the question and thanks for including the photo as well. In today’s world, most board-certified dermatologists or plastic surgeon would recommend that you use a hyaluronic acid filler to enhance the volume in the upper lip. Most of the currently available fillers work in this area, but most would recommend Belotero or the new Restylane Silk in this area. I was fortunate to be involved in the FDA clinical studies with Restylane Silk and now that this is FDA approved, many will be recommending this for the lips. The injectors doing this need to be trained and skilled — injection technique is key for these injections. So find the right doctor and enhance your lips.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller lips

Thanks for the question! There are multiple options for lip augmentation from temporary (Fillers) to more permanent (surgery). I would seek consultation with a plastic surgeon who can discuss which options best suit your needs.

All the best!

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation with filler can be helpful to improve the appearance of the lip. Best to see a doctor in person to be properly evaluated.

How to make top lip fuller?

I would say the simplest method of adding volume to the upper lip would be using one of the hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Restylane or Juvederm).  The treatment can be done without giving you a duck lip, but the skill of the injector is the key to success.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon