Will my left breast crease asymmetry fix itself overtime with the 250cc implants subglandular? (Photo)

I know I had asymmetrical breasts and crease pre-op, and implants can exaggerate the asymmetry... but I am wondering if the crease could potentially fix itself over time?

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. Depending on how long ago your surgery was, the answer could be yes or no. Breasts typically continue to drop, soften and settle throughout the first 6 months. You will likely keep some of the asymmetry that you started with but they may improve a little. Your results look great so far,

All the best

Left breast crease asymmetry after sub glandular BBA

Based on the photo you provided, your result looks quite good. At 5 weeks post op, I don't think any perceived crease asymmetry will improve without surgical intervention. It looks like you have both infra-mammary scars from the BBA and peri-areolar scars from a ?? peri-areolar mastopexy(breast lift).  I think the key here is to be patient as you are still very early in the healing process.  It is very important to stay in touch with your surgeon as the healing process continues and things settle down further. Good luck!

Asymmetry

Hello, you did not mention when you had your operation.   Often the shape will change for months after surgery so if your operation was recent, I would recommend reserving judgement on the outcome.

Can asymmetry fix itself over time?

It depends on how far are you postop.  If surgery is recent, you are more likely to have changes.  If you had a surgery a while ago you probably will not get much improvement of the assymetry.

Harry Marshak, MD

Breast Fold Asymmetry

You appear to have had some asymmetry preoperatively which will persist after surgery and can actually look more noticeable when the breasts are enlarged. I would recommend waiting three months for your breast to settle into their final position before deciding whether or not to purse revision surgery.

Breast asymmetry

Implants can only adjust for volume differences and some shape issues but lifting type procedure can adjust for shape as well and nipple position.

Will my left breast crease asymmetry fix itself overtime with the 250cc implants subglandular?

Either accept the nice results or seek infra fold revision surgery are your options>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your question.  Your breast crease itself will not change over time with placement of your implants, but some of your breast skin may stretch and round itself out more.  Allow your results at least 6 months to mature, as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Best wishes!

Thank you for submitting your question and photographs. Your result looks good, the asymmetry is understandable considering your pre-op asymmetry. It is unlikely that your inframammary crease on the lower side will elevate on its own. I would wait 6 months and if the asymmetry bothers you, it could possibly be revised with a minor surgical procedure.