Could this mean that the implant has ruptured?

I've had silicon implants for the last five years. Recently I've been experience a sharp pain in one of my breast when bending over and occasional leaking. The breast itself still has it shape and looks the same.

Thank you for your question. Occasional leaking is not acceptable. Please book an appointment with your surgeon to be assessed in person. Best, 

Wound dehiscense post breast augmentation

It sounds like you have wound separation which should be addressed by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. the issue is bacterial contamination of your implant if there is a bona fida leak of fluid from your wound. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Concern

Thank you for your question. I'm not sure what you mean by, "leaking." Certainly, if you notice a change in how your implants look or feel you should let your Plastic Surgeon know and schedule an assessment.
All the best

Implant issue

What do you mean by leaking?  Discharge from the nipple?  You should be seen by your doctor to be evaluated in person.  Best of luck.

An exam and consultation with your/a plastic surgeon is recommended to determine what is going on and if any studies or treatments are indicated.  You can also discuss your options and expectations.

Ruptured implants

Thank you for your question.I’m sorry to hear that you are having pain but the cause of this can’t really be determined without a physical examination from your doctor and possibly an ultrasound of the breast. If you feel that the implant has started leaking, I would certainly go get an evaluation as you may need a revision to take out the ruptured implant and place a new one in. I hope this helps.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implant problems

With what you are describing, no online consultation can suffice.  You need to be seen by your plastic surgeon so he or she can perform an in-person exam.  This is the only way to determine what is going on, in combination with imaging studies.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I am not sure what you mean by "leaking" when you bend over. However, only saline implants leak. As they leak, they also become smaller. I would suggest asking your doctor to check you. You may also need a mammagram and /or ultrasound.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

? Rupture

Thank you for your question. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an examination and checkup. He/she may wish to have you undergo an MRI or ultrasound to evaluate the implants, but you should see a PRS first.Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sharp pain

This symptoms you describe warrant a visit to your surgeon for an examination.  Be prepared that other tests may need to be performed in order to accurately determine if a rupture occurred, as well as help determine the cause of the pain you are experiencing.

Camille Cash, MD