I had a tummy tuck one year ago, not happy with my belly button? Will it get better? (photo)

My belly button does not look normal. What can I put on to to get rid of that red increased skin? Thanks

I had a tummy tuck one year ago, not happy with my belly button? Will it get better?

Thank you for your question and photo,Evaluating on your photo your belly looks to have healled very well and to have good results. For your concerns you could follow up with your board-certified plastic surgeon and he or she may recommend a solution. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks and belly buttons

Based only on the photo I see nothing wrong with your result. Belly buttons are notorious healers. Some of my most beautiful results were marred by a scar like yours around the belly button. See your board-certified plastic surgeon and he or she may recommend a solution. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

Thanks for your question.  The good news is that any scar can be revised. It looks like you might have a hypertrophic scar which is skittle thicker, stays pink longer and may itch. Talk with your plastic surgeon there are a couple of options for you. Good luck. 

Jsm

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon