I had a tummy tuck 1.5 years ago - why does my tummy look fat? (photo)

Weight gain after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. As others have already mentioned, your tummy tuck results are far from unflattering or fat judging by the photo you provided. However, it is rather difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern without conducting an in-person exam. Minor changes in your weight should not affect the results of your procedure. However, it is certainly advisable to maintain a stable weight after a tummy tuck to ensure long-lasting results. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Tummy does not look flat after tummy tuck

As you understand an inperson exam would be required to determine an exact cause - speculations would include, weight gain of internal abdomen (visceral fat) and also bloating - do you feel your tummy gets more swollen during the day and is flatter in the morning ?

You should schedule a follow up visit with your surgeon 

Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Why does my tummy look fat?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Unfortunately it is very difficult to know the changes from your surgery until now without all the photos and an in person exam/consult.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your board-certified plastic surgeon to see what may have changed.  Good luck and all the best!

Dr. Tag

Tummy tuck issue

It is hard to say with clothes on.  But sometimes if you gained weight, the abdomen will look larger.  Also visceral fat can contribute to abdominal girth as well as weak muscles.

I had a tummy tuck 1.5 years ago - why does my tummy look fat?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Unfortunately without a full set of photographs from before surgery and your current appearance it is difficult to offer recommendations, but revisit with your surgeon to discuss your results.  With an in-person examination they can discuss ways to further enhance your surgical outcome. 

Abdominal fullness after tummy tuck

There are a variety of reasons to have abdominal fullness or convexity after a tummy tuck.  Possible sources for this fullness include:

-excess fat under the skin

-excess fat on the organs (intra-abdominal fat)

-loose abdominal wall

-excess swelling

-pseudo-bursa

As you can see, there are a variety of possible sources for the fullness that you describe.  Having your plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon take a look to determine which of these may be the cause will be needed.  There are solutions for all of the issues above.  The presence of intra-abdominal fat is not something that can be surgically improved and requires more of a diet change.

Good luck with the rest of your abdominal contouring journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck results

Based on your photo, your tummy does not look "fat". However, if you haven't gained weight but you feel that your tummy tuck results are fading, schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have the situation assessed in person. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck result

Without direct examination and your pre- and post-op photos, I cannot comment about your surgical outcome.

If you feel that your abdomen is fat, it may be that you have excess fat or loosening of the muscle repair.  Please visit your plastic surgeon so that he/she can address your concern.

Best regards.

Post op Tummy Tuck Result

From what I can see, your tummy does not look fat.   It would be helpful to see what your tummy looked like before surgery.   All the best.

Paul S. Gill, MD