I have acute, specific burning in one area post BA. Should I be concerned about scar tissue forming incorrectly there?

My greatest concern is scar tissue forming badly. Massaging helps but will it hurt anything by rubbing that area more than other areas? Otherwise, my general pain from the procedure is relatively minimal.

Scar tissue forming incorrectly?

This may be scar tissue, but more likely a "stretched" or "bruised" nerve ending. I would keep massaging it to desensitize the area. If it persists, see your surgeon. The latest data shows that we can improve or eliminate discomfort with fat injections to these areas. A few drops of fat with stem cells has been shown to improve pain, not just in the breast, but in other areas such as those who have broken tail bones!

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

Any changes in your condition should be discussed with your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with the particulars of your surgery and recovery.  Massaging is used for many purposes after surgery.  Your doctor will help to determine what is the best course of action in your case.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastimplants

Hi researchlane,  congratulations on your recent surgery. Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.Without knowing how far along post-op you are, it is hard to give an accurate opinion but throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations throughout your recovery period such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. Keep an eye out for symptoms such as fever or the skin is red and/or hot to touch as this can be sign of infection and you should contact your surgeon immediately.
Best of luck in your recovery! Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon