What grade of gynecomastia do I have? (Photo)

Im a 24 yo male and ive had this condition for some years now. Im wanting to correct the issue and i am Wondering what kind of procedure is needed. I dont want skin to be removed, but if necessary im open to it. My question is medically, how bad is my condition?

Doctor Answers 4

Male breast reduction

Based on your photos, you could definitely benefit from gynecomastia(male breast reduction) surgery. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and view plenty of before and afters prior to making your decision.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 32 reviews


You have significant sagging of the chest and lipo alone will cause it to sag more. You will likely benefit from a skin excision and nipple lift or free nipple graft procedure.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews


You have severe grade III gynecomastia based on the photos you have submitted. The major issue is the low nipple position and the excess skin. Removal of skin would be best but in african americans the scar can be dark and noticeable. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Grade of gynecomastia

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.