What can I do to fix my right eye? (photo)

About 4 Or 5 years ago i noticed that my right eye seemed "bigger" or that it might be that my left is sunken back?i really dont know...i went to see an occuplastic surgeon and had a CT scan to rule out anything and he said everything seemed fine and that was just the way i was made,and that it was actually my left that was sitting more back than the right..is this possible?and how can i fix this to make my eyes more symetrical?what could have caused this?

What can I do to fix my right eye?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. have another orbital exam. Serial orbital exams over time are helpful to reassure you, and also to pick up on subtle findings

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

See oculoplastic specialist

Minor asymmetries in eye size and shape are very common. The problem could be eyeball position difference or it could be that you have slight right lower eyelid retraction, likely genetic. It may be possible to slightly raise the right lower eyelid but need personal consultation to determine eligibility. See following link for more information.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

You have taken the correct path to rule out serious problems in the orbit. Certainly if you notice changes over time, it would be worthwhile to have another orbital exam. Serial orbital exams over time are helpful to reassure you, and also to pick up on subtle findings and measurements that may otherwise be overlooked as normal variation. Thyroid problems, previous trauma, sinus problems, orbital masses or vascular lesions can cause proptosis or enophthalmos - and most of these problems would have been seen on a CT scan. There are some surgical options available to you depending upon specifics of your examination. You may want to re-visit and oculoplastic surgeon for a follow up examination and measurements - and specifics of what can be done to enhance the symmetry of your eyes. Best wishes. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon