What can I do to fix my eyelids? (Photo)

What can i do to help my eyelids be more symmetric..i had a chalazion last year in November,and got the surgery for it the begining of july this year,and my eye still looks like this.I always had styes growing up and this had never ever happened before what can i do to fix this to acheive symmetric eyes...i already have one eye that sits more back in the socket as it is ..which i already had a CT scan for and everything seems to be fine,and its on that same eye making the assymetry even worse

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. You should complete the treatment of the chalazion with your board certified surgeon before having another procedure. That said, there is a lot for you to gain by considering the cosmetic approaches to improve the appearance after the chalazion treatment has been completed. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Hello, it appears that you may have ptosis. You should have a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine your options. Best of luck!

Eyelid ptosis

Thank you for your question.  Your left upper eyelid is droopy (i.e. you have ptosis). I would follow up with an oculoplastic surgeon and first determine if there is any remaining chalazion present. The amount of correction required is best determined after ensuring that there is no longer any chalazion or swelling of the eyelid, which can cause mechanical ptosis.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis after eyelid chalazion

You have left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelid) and may be a candidate for eyelid ptosis repair. See following link and video. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

It appears that you have bilateral levator partial dehiscence with compensatory eyebrow elevation.

If the chalazia affected the left upper eyelid, it is possible that the surgery contributed to the heaviness to the left side. You need a careful assessment by an oculplastic surgeon who can address the ptosis.  Most surgeons will be uncomfortable offering you surgery because you have a small degree of asymmetry.  Do not let anyone inject fat into the left upper eyelid.  That would be a disaster.

Improving the Eyelids

You would benefit from differential fat injection in your eyelids to improve the shape of the eyes and to reduce the asymmetry. You may want to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who understands the concept and can potentially deliver a pleasing outcome.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the eyes

An examination is important to make the diagnosis. It appears that your left eye is recessed (enophthalmos)... but measurements taken at the time of examination are crucial to obtain prior to making recommendations. Please see an oculoplastics specialist in your area. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, you may be a candidate for ptosis repair.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD