Looking for a doctor to perform my request. (photos)

Hello , I am 5'0 weighing about 125 right now . I am looking to get 1200cc per side . Yes , a very plump butt. I don't plan to get the surgery for about another year. Can someone please direct me . Do you think this amount is achievable ? And if so should I gain more weight ? Again I have about a year before I get the surgery. Thank You

You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift.

The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting.  A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Brazilian butt lift

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. 

The Brazilian butt lift has become one of the most popular procedures today. The procedure is a combination of liposuction and fat transfer. The surgery is done under full anesthesia, and takes about 2+ hours to complete. Most patients will need a week off of work and about a month before you resume exercise. 

The success depends on your underlying health, available fat, skin tightness and elasticity, and the size / shape of your buttocks. Remember that some of the fat that is transferred does not survive. Typically about 70% of the fat lasts long term. 

I do not recommend someone focusing on the # of fat cc to be transferred. It's based on your available donor area and what you are expecting. Furthermore, it does depend also on how much the skin of the buttocks can expand to accommodate that much fat. Too much will look abnormal and be risky from a blood supply, fat embolism issue. 

the side image shows lack of definition between the butt and the thigh. One additional consideration is to do some liposuction from the posterior thigh. This will give you better definition on the lower buttock dome. 

Furthermore, when considering buttock surgery you want to keep in mind the balance or proportion between the breast and butt. If the butt is too large, it will make you look unbalanced. These are the type of things we discuss with patients during an in person consultation. That is why you will see we always recommend an in person consultation over an online discussion only. 

You should seek consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care doctor.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Looking for a doctor to perform my request.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. you have to know that every body is different, and since I'm viewing you need to gain a little more weight to achieve the amount of cc's that you want, I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to check your measurements.. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL results

Based on your current weight I don't feel you would have sufficient fat to obtain your goal volume. I am curious why you are requesting 1200cc per side? If you had liposuction of your abdomen, love handles and thighs I feel you would have a nice outcome, but the cc's are really irrelevant. If you are looking for a very large buttock size you may need to gain weight or consider gluteal implants. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to see if you are a good candidate.

William Bruno, MD

When it comes to Brazilian butt lifts and achieving your cosmetic goals, there are several factors that you have to consider; how much fat the patient has to harvest, what areas you can harvest the fat from and how much to safely reinject into the buttocks for optimal fat survival. Sometimes it is a good idea to stage a BBL so you can increase the chance of fat survival because if you reinject too much at once, you have a higher chance of it not all surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. My advice would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done to determine whether you can achieve these goals. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

The chosen one

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon.

This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed.

Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested.

Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-        

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bbl and thin patients – the paradox of localized fat

if you gained 5 pounds you could probably have 1000 mL in each buttock - if you gain 7 to 10 pounds you could easily have 1200 mL each buttock. I can try to attach a video of an Asian patient who weighs the same weight as you do who had 1200 mL place to few days ago by me.

In thin patients it is possible take a little bit of fat from everywhere. This is achievable by using special cannulas.  so overall I think it's very achievable. I have attached a link for you to look at some of this and patience. Best regards, Dr. Delvecchio

I am not sure you have enough fat to harvest to get that kind of volume to be available.  Best to be seen in person.

Brazilian Butt Lift - Do I have enough fat?

Based on your pictures, you have enough fat to receive the results that you want. I agree that you should not focus on the number of cc's injected but rather the contour that liposuction provides to give you the buttock shape that you are looking for. It is important that you find an expert in this procedure to optimize you results because you have a limited supply of donor fat. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej 

Sejal M. Patel, MD