Current implants and dream implants. Is this possible to achieve?

I have 15 year old 455cc saline under the muscle now, changing to silicone in the near future. Is this look attainable for me? Guesstimate of how many ccs I would need to achieve?

Your Goal Photo Is My Patient

Good afternoon!

I think you are an excellent candidate for the 700cc-800cc range, either High Profile or Ultrahigh Profile, depending on the measurements I take of your chest here in the office.

My patient whose photo you posted is a model from Miami, and she currently has 700cc High Profile implants. 

I have attached a link to my XL photo gallery in case you haven't been there before- hope it helps!

Breasts augmentation enlargement and implants size

Dear Haybaybay,
  Thanks for submitting your picture and your goal picture. From observing the pictures, you appear to be full B cup size and your goal picture appears to be DD cup size.
   It is definitely possible for you to reach the size. You will have to have capsulotomy  in order to enlarge the pocket. I will recommend to stay with saline implants, because they will allow the surgeon easier dissection of the pocket through small sub areola incision and create very nice cleavage and sub mammary fold. Using large silicone implants will force the surgeon to use long sub mammary incision that is too far from the cleavage area .
  You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches(should be taken by the surgeon), which is critical for correct implants size selection. Let's assume that you are currently 34 full B cup size. To become 34 DD, you will need implants with additional volume of 375 cc , which means for you 830 cc. For 32 DD - 765 cc.
   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                         Dr Widder

Is this done Breast "Look" possible to achieve?

Without an examination it is very hard to advise you,
For starters, you already have large implants in and while you MAY be able to go larger, I doubt your breast would tolerate or allow putting in 800cc implant. Nor do I think you have enough breast tissue which would cover the largest implants. This would result in visible breast implant ripples along the top and sides of the breasts. Finally, your nipples do not point perfectly forward. As a result, with large implants the implants would tend to go to the sides further accentuating this look.
Thre best way to "guesstimate" it would be to see an experienced Plastic surgeon or several of them and see what they advise you AFTER an examination.

Good Luck,
Peter ALDEA, MD
Memphis, TN

Dream

I think those implants might be too big for you frame and potentially cause problems in the near future. Best to be evaluated in person.

Dream look

Your body frame and tissue may not be able to support a very large implant over time. Large breasts sitting on your lap don't look good. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing what range would work best with your body. Many women can go to a larger implant with the second surgery since their tissues have relaxed, but it may not be the exact look as in your photo.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Large implants

Your dream look is a very large implant.   The largest implant available in the US is 800cc.   From your photo it does not look like an implant much larger than what you currently have will fit at this time.  Large implants have a much higher rate of complication, such as implant malposition or ptosis (droop), as long as you understand the risks, working toward your goal photo may be possible by staging your surgeries and increase size at more than one operation.

Jeremiah Redstone MD

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

Current implants (left) and dream implants (right). Is this possible to achieve?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although it is not possible to provide you with definitive advice without an person evaluation, most patients are able to "go larger" at a second stage, once the breast tissues have expanded (after first-time breast augmentation). Sometimes, during this revisionary surgery, adjustment of the breast implant capsules is also necessary to achieve the desired outcome. I think that you will be able to get closer to your goal photographs with the revisionary breast surgery; it  is important to know that you will never be able to match another person's breast aesthetics exactly. In other words, achieving realistic expectations is always an important part of the preoperative communication process.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Implants

This is impossible to answer with out examining you and also knowing what kind of implants you currently have in place. Bigger is not always better although you seem to want fuller implants

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Haybaybayyy is right!

Dear haybaybayyy,
Those implants are huge!  Your current implants do not appear to be 15 years old, as your tissues appear very very tight and would likely have relaxed and stretched by now.  At any rate, it does not appear that your tissues would accept implants that large.  Good luck!