Should I have tummy tuck or liposculpture? I'm 44 years old, 146lbs Asian woman with 2 kids (Photos)

I contact 6 doctors, 2 are in my city. 3 of the doctors that i sent pictures to, said Im good for full lipo but the 2 local doctors examined me and agreed I should get TT. So I decide to get TT done with a out of town doctor. yesterday I got a call from this doctor office said the doctor looked my pictures again n recommended me a full lipo instead of TT. that's good news, but I'm worried about my loose skin, as I always have this bubble belly even when I was 20 and weighed 120lb

Liposuction OR Tummy Tuck?

Your question touches on several points. Let's start with the simplest. 

1. Unless there are no board certified Plastic surgeons in your area, I would strongly advise you to have your surgery locally. Traveling long distances for Plsdtic surgery works only if there are no complications or need for multiple follow ups. Please consider that when you are planning where to have your surgery. 

2. The argument of Liposuction VS Abdominoplasty should be made on the FACTS. Liposuction removes fat and brings about some skin shrinkage. Liposuction cannot and will not tighten the tummy muscles permanently stretched by your pregnancy nor remove the extra loose sagging skin created by the pregnancies. Only a Full Tummy Tuck can do that. 
It is obvious that your tummy muscles are protuberant and that you have extra loose skin: a condition which can be resolved with a Tummy Tuck, not Liposuction. 
So why do some Plastic surgeons recommend Liposuction in such cases? I suspect that they do so either because they are not ABPS certified Plastic surgeons but are trained in another specialty and pass themselves off as Plastic surgeons And/or are concerned that if they told you the truth you may choose to go to another surgeon who gives you the (wrong) answer you are asking for "no scar" "noninvasive" "liposuction". 

Please reconsider your decision. 

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

From your photos, it appears you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with liposuction to your hips and back along with possible fat grafting to your buttocks. This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy Tuck versus Liposuction

Based on your pictures, it appears that liposuction alone will not give you the best results.  A tummy tuck would add the benefit of tightening your abdominal muscles and removing excess skin.  The roundness of your abdomen / belly will not be improved with liposuction as this issue to underlying muscle issues which can only be repaired with a tummy tuck.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Lipo vs tummy tuck

Liposculpture is designed to remove areas of localized fatty tissue.
Tummy tucks are designed to flatten the tummy by tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall.
Your photos suggest significant laxity of the abdominal wall which will not be corrected by liposuction.
You have a few areas that would benefit from liposuction, but your tummy is best treated by a Tummy Tuck procedure known as an Abdominoplasty.
Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

You would have a better outcome with a tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

The best solution for you would be to find someone who can perform a tummy tuck to tighten your loose abdominal muscles plus remove excess skin and who also specializes in VASER Hi Definition Liposuction to get rid of the extra fat in your abdomen and thighs. Please spend time finding an expert in these procedures. Best, Dr. Emer

Dr derby

You would benefit best from a Tummy Tuck with a full lipo all around. There is no way to take away the loose skin with only a lipo. There are various examples here on the site of clients that only did lipo when they actually needed a tummy tuck as well. None of them are happy because they are left with saggy / wrinkled skin on their stomach.  Best of luck   

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for sharing your pictures. 
The conditions shown on your pictures makes you a good candidate for having a tummy tuck with abdominal wall muscle reconstruction and lipo. When the patient has excess of skin the right procedure to follow is not a lipo, because that skin will not adapt, Wish you best of luck.

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Should I have tummy tuck or liposculpture? I'm 44 years old, 146lbs Asian woman with 2 kids

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon