Cohesive gel implants 3.5 years ago, now fluid around left breast?

Cohesive gel implants 3.5 years ago, healed perfectly and quickly. 11 months ago I noticed a hard feeling in my left breast and what felt like fluid. Went for mammogram and US and was told everything looked good but was put on antibiotics just in case. I am still having the issue and now have a small rash on the same side. I went to get a copy of the mammogram and ultrasound and noticed it says I had/have fluid around implant. Called PS and he said it was normal. It just doesn't feel right.

Fluid aspiration

The best way for this fluid to be removed and examined is probably to have an ultrasound guided aspiration. 

Fluid around implant

You should be evaluated and the fluid should be examined by your surgeon or by an interventional radiologist.. Best of luck.

Fluid around your implant 3.5 years later.

Fluid this late after your surgery may not be a problem, but I would not consider it normal. You should be seen by your plastic surgeon to be evaluated. You may need a drainage procedure and testing of the fluid. 

A small amount of fluid around an implant is normal.  A large fluid collection (seroma) over 1 year after your surgery is something that should be investigated.  The fluid should be sent for cytology and possibly the implant removed, based on the results.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon