Do you think a chin implant would make my nose look less hooked? (photos)

I have a very weak chin in addition to a slightly hooked nose. I'm considering rhinoplasty in addition to a chin implant but wondered if a stronger jawline would be sufficient to balance out my nose? I also have a very small mouth so am anxious to stop my chin looking any bigger from the frontal view if that's possible?

Chin implant

A good sized chin implant will give balance to your face and decrease any apparent defect in your profile. The nose is not hooked but the bridge has a bump. But for best results I would recommend a rhinoplasty and chin implant

What most people perceive when they look at you, is the undersized chin. You want people to look at your eyes, not your chin.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question and attaching photos. A chin implant will give you a stronger jaw and help restore harmony to your facial features. If you’re still unhappy with your looks, than a non-surgical nose job can help fill in the hook and leave you with a flatter shape. Book a consultation with a board-certified surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Best of luck! 

Norman H. Rappaport, MD

Chin implant candidate

From the very limited photographs, it appears that there is only projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. Placement of a chin implant will help with facial balance and proportions, especially in relationship to the nose, especially from the side file. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech silastic chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information many examples and diagrams of the implants themselves, please see the link and the video below 

Chin implant to balance out nose

Based on these photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a chin implant! It is amazing how much a chin implant can balance out the rest of the face and improve the profile. Frankly, I think the chin implant will do more for your appearance than nasal surgery. However, if you are interested in rhinoplasty as well, both procedures could be done together and could potentially do even more to balance out your features. 

*Opinions stated here are just opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Chin Implant

Thank you for your question and photos. Based off of your photos you appear to have a weak chin. A chin implant will help balance out your face. I would suggest starting off by finding a board certified plastic surgeon who performs over 100 chin implants per year. Discuss with them what you are looking to achieve and they should be able to guide you as far as chin implant size and if they feel a rhinoplasty procedure is needed to achieve your goals. Computer imaging will be very helpful in giving you an idea. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Henry Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Do I need a chin implant

Hi and thanks for your photos and question.  Yes, you would definitely benefit from a chin implant and yes, a chin implant would make your nose look less hooked by making your profile more balanced.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Chin Implant make My Nose Look Less Hooked?

I cannot evaluate your nose in these pictures but a chin implant combined with liposuction of the neck will improve proportions in your lower face and make your nose look smaller.

You need a chin

Your receding chin dominates what can be made out of your profile from these pictures. A chin implant would be the most simple solution. What I see of the nose does not show it to be very prominent. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do you think a chin implant would make my nose look less hooked?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  You could always do the chin implant surgery and see if you're satisfied with the appearance of the nose.  If not, Rhinoplasty can thin and refine the nose however by itself it will not provide the harmony and balance to the lower face provided by chin augmentation.  I often perform Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the same time.

Hope this helps.