My breast are very uneven after my breast reduction... Is this something I should be worried about? (Photos)

I just had a breast reduction four days ago and my surgeon told me I could remove the bandages two days ago... I've noticed that they are two different sizes and I'm not sure if it's swelling or if it's because something might actually be wrong. Is uneven swelling normal?

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
4 days after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Uneven Breasts

Thank you for your pictures.  I recognize the difference but this may be due to swelling. Give your breasts time to completely heal which is around 3 months.  Best wishes

Uneven breast after a breast reduction

Thank you for the question. As you can see from the other responders is just far too early to tell. It's very common to have variation in size after surgery and sometimes I can fluctuate depending on how do you sleep.  If you're concerned call your surgeon. Good luck 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

It is too early to tell. If you are concerned about a hematoma, then you need to be seen in person. .

Give it time, but they do look a little different

You may hear this from every plastic surgeon that replies to your questions, but it is the truth- you are just way too early to judge your results.  I know this is frustrating for you, but I have seen major changes through the healing process in both directions- some things that looked perfect at first and ended up looking less than perfect as well as some things that looked less then desirable in the beginning and ended up a homerun.  You just have to let time pass and your body heal.  Most will say give it at least six months before drawing any conclusion.  The good news is that if you do require a revision, there is always a solution.  In your particular case, it does appear that some of your incision lengths are different  but that may even out with time.

Breast reduction

It's very early yet and yes, swelling can make that kind of difference but this is something you really want to show your own surgeon. If you were symmetrical before the surgery I'm sure they removed The same amount on each side and you should be fine. Little trickier if you were asymmetrical before the surgery.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

My breasts are very uneven after my breast reduction...is this something I should be worried about?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see your area of concern but at only 4 days after surgery, and without an in-person examination, it is difficult to offer definite advice on your long-term results.  Some asymmetry in size is not uncommon and as hard as it is, you need to allow more time to pass for your results to mature.  Your surgeon should be able to provide you with greater reassurance based on the amount of breast tissue removed from each breast.  Hope this helps.

My breast are very uneven after my breast reduction...

Significant, especially asymmetric, swelling can be a sign of a complication.  After reviewing your photographs, I do see some asymmetry in some of the photographs, not in others. Overall, the degree of breast asymmetry is not impressive.

Always best to let your plastic surgeon know of your concerns; he/she will be in the best position to advise you and/or provide you with meaningful reassurance.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with