Will a breast lift be ok or will I need small Implants to keep my current size (photos)

Hi I am looking to have a breast lift. I have been told that I have enough tissue to where I will not need implants. I would like to know would I stay the same size or will I go down a cup size.

Breast lift

If you are overall happy with the volume, then you likely only need a breast lift. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Breast Lift

Hi Mommy,
You are very heavy breasted, so I wouldn't really favor doing an implant.  I haven't examined you directly, but you might want to ask a PS about a "minimal" breast reduction.  Some PS also do a BR AND put in a small implant, so check around with BC PS.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Will a breast lift be ok or will I need small Implants to keep my current size

You definitely do not need implants.  You likely will need some reduction in size to obtain the best results from a lift(mastopexy).  Otherwise, your breasts may simply look too wide if lifted sufficiently and you risk compromising the amount of lift you get from the surgery to avoid the excessive width from your large size and excessive tension along the incisions that could lead to difficulty healing afterward. . Also, very large breasts become droopy faster than a more proportionately sized breast. Be sure to consult with a plastic surgeon experienced with breast surgery.  Best of luck.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Do I need a breast lift only or implants too?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  After reviewing your photographs, I think you would be a great candidate for a breast lift -- a wise-pattern mastopexy (the "anchor incision").  Although it would be best to examine in person to say for sure, I still think this would likely give you an aesthetic breast with good volume and good position.  The next step is to find the right aesthetic plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with.  In your consultation, be sure your surgeon addresses all your concerns and discusses the surgery details including the position and size of the incision used, the risks and benefits of the procedure, recovery time, and post-operative course. Also, be sure to see plenty of before-and-after pictures in women who have a similar breast appearance to yours, and preferably at different time frames (3 weeks out, 3 months out, etc) to more accurately predict your own surgical outcome.

With good surgical technique, I am confident you would have an excellent result.

Good luck.

Mark K Markarian, MD, MSPH
Harvard-trained Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size with Lift Procedure

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. Another option is the #NaturalBreastLift or #CaliforniaBreastLift which places fat in the upper breast instead of an implant to help the shape of the breast. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. Go ahead and discuss all options possible with local surgeons during consultations in order to see which procedure might provide your desired results. Best of luck to you.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given the amount of tissue you currently have, a breast reduction might be the most appropriate procedure for you.  This procedure reduces the volume of your breasts and lifts them to a more ideal position on your chest.  Please be sure that you are evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Breast lift alone or with implants?

Thank you for your question and photos. You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape. Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, but this increases the complexity of the operation and recovery and so must be done by someone with a lot of experience. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  You do not need implants, if you are happy with your current size. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for the question and your photos. Based upon your images you would benefit from a standard anchor type breast lift procedure. You have enough breast tissue volume that an implant is probably not necessary unless you're hoping to go bigger. The other advantage to doing a breast lift is that you will have more shape roundness and perkiness and your areola can be made a slightly smaller if you desire to.It is recommended to go on several different consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making a decision.As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are well managed by your primary care physician.I typically recommend patients take 1 to 2 weeks off of work and it will be about 4 to 6 weeks before you can return to the gym. In my experience African American patients typically do very well from this procedure with minimal scarring however most will get some degree of scar hyperpigmentation in the early postoperative. This can be managed with topical treatments. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello. A breast lift without implants can be appropriate because you have good breast volume. You most likely will stay the same size but with a lifted appearance.